Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Holy Crap, I Have a First Grader!

Somehow--I'm not quite sure how--I became the Mom of a First Grader. Seems like just yesterday there was 2 feet of snow outside my house and I was laying on the sofa just praying that labor would hold off another few days. (of course that wouldn't happen...that's how she got one of her cute nicknames, "The Blizzard Baby.")

Where has the time gone?

While I remember my own Kindergarten year --I really remember First Grade. I remember my teacher that year, Mrs. Mann. (this was always a source of concern for me...her name was Mrs. Mann, yet clearly she was a very nice lady!) I remember that when we did really good work we got a unicorn stamp on our work packets. We made handprints in plaster and then they got painted gold. Did I mention the unicorn stamps?? I remember that Mrs. Mann wanted us all to go to bed by 8:00pm because kids needed a good night's rest. (I must've retained something...my own kids get 12 hours each night!!)

I can't wait to see what this year holds for A. Seeing it through her eyes, remembering what it looked like through my own so many (many) years ago, and knowing that I still get to re-live the First Grade two more times down the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment