Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Assorted Ramblings of the Last Few Days

I have missed writing...this whole blog-thing has been sort of an experiment anyway...and over the weekend and early part of this week I've left it alone. I missed it!! I don't know why that's exciting either...just felt like it should be said.

The other night Hubby and I snuck away (thanks to Grandma & Pappy) for dinner...nothing special, but it was pure carbo-licious goody-goodness. Panera!!! When I die and go to heaven I would like to eat Asiago Cheese Bagels and Soup Bread Bowls for every meal. Anyway...the real point of this particular ramble is that we went to the mall AFTER dinner to exchange some earring backings that kept falling of. Hubby gave me some diamond studs for our tenth anniversary and I was finally getting around to getting the proper backings. (for those of you keeping score, our 11th anniversary was early this spring...) I summoned a saleswoman who was kind enough to stop me midsentence and say, "You are wearing your size sticker on your shirt." As in--right down my left boob. Great....just where I want to see a 6 inch long sticker with "L" going down it. Now, it's true that my shirt had a busy print to it--but it was easy enough for the kind jewelry woman to notice it!!! My husband hadn't noticed it, I hadn't noticed it, my inlaws hadn't noticed it, I think the Panera girl must've noticed it (in hindsight) because she seemed giggly. I had also spent a decent amount of time with a JCPenney salesclerk that evening....why didn't anyone say anything earlier??? Grrr....

B is sitting up--really well I might add--and it is hard to believe this is the same kid for whom I just contacted Infants and Toddlers. However--I did, happily--and they are coming out on September 1st. C is forever finding more ways to torment Hubby and me...it is so clear to me that she was just destined to be a middle child. Tonight she refused to go to bed, she just kept 'having to go to the baff-room." She finally fell asleep, snuggled up w/ about 6 blankets, a giant cucumber named Larry, and 4 corks. (Pacifiers for those not in the know) A is out at a ballgame with Hubby tonight~a daddy/daughter date. There was a rain delay before so I'm just crossing fingers they got to see a little baseball. A is really interested in the details of the game this year...it's pretty darn cute!

I am starting to get really, really nervous because its now been a week and I haven't heard anything from Sharon at People Magazine. I'm worried they have forgotten about us!! I am sure they haven't....I mean, they wouldn't have spent that much time and then just forgot, would they??? Too much stress! MIL mentioned today, correctly, that the death of a Kennedy (Eunice K. Shriver) is enough to bump us out of a magazine for a few weeks indeed. Ho hum. (my condolences to the Kennedy/Shriver clan, of course)

Nighty night all~Have a fabulous tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment