Sunday, August 2, 2009

Date Night!!!!!

I have to admit that this is the true reason I wanted to start blogging. Date night is my FAVORITE :) :)

Oh--I promise this will be G-rated...not to worry my friends!! heehee...

I truly believe that date nights are CRUCIAL to my marriage--and I sing their praises and wish that all my married buddies would have date nights too! This is a very simple thing...kids in bed, dinner for hubby and me, and a nice evening for the two of us. And Scrabble. Our date nights usually involve Scrabble! I don't exactly remember why Scrabble came into the equation...but it's a mainstay around here. The last few date nights were spent watching, marathon-style, episodes of Mad Men Seasons 1 & 2. Regardless of the evening's activities--it's always such a treat. I figured I would share our menu too--perhaps some of you can have a date night too!! Let me know :)

One bottle of Yellowtail Wine (any kind!) $7
One package/can of Pillsbury Italian Country Bread (under $3)
One package of a precooked "skillet meal" (found in the frozen section of any grocery store) $5-$8)
One package of Hershey's Bliss Dark Chocolates ($4)

So for $20 we had a GREAT night--it wasn't 'regular' food at home, it felt special and tasted great!! We even sit at the 'little table' in our breakfast nook instead of the family sized table in the dining room--just more intimate I guess. It reminds me of Panera actually...a little bistro-sized table for two people.

Oh--and I did all of this within my Weight Watchers plan--and still managed to have a loss this week!! Whoohoo--I'm down a total of 17.6lbs so far! :)

Have a date night folks--I can't wait to hear about it~

1 comment:

  1. I agree that date nights are a must for every marriage whether you have kids or not :)

    ReplyDelete