Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day One--Introduction!!

If paradise is defined as a blissful place, then I must say I have arrived. Let me explain...

I'm not on a white sand beach sipping a tropical tantalizing treat. I'm not watching the waves roll in. I'm not wearing a terry cloth robe ( or towel!) while a whitecoated masseuse performs his magic. While all of that would be nice--my paradise is my life.

OK...more explaining!! I sit on a stained plaid sofa that has lost it's cushiony softness. My feet walk over carpet that crunches under my feet--the remains of yesterday's (or last week's...) cheerios or granola bars. I sit listening to VeggieTales movies that would make most people stick pencils in their ears. I can recite the THEME SONG to VeggieTales. I get excited about poop. When a ponytail stays in all day, despite running, sweating, or pulling at it--I am thrilled! Yes...thrilled! When a jar of babyfood is all gone and the remains of it are dripping down the baby's chin--I'm elated. Buying school supplies creates in me a feeling of purpose and urgency. Grocery shopping by myself sometimes feels like a real vacation. Finding a sale on toilet paper simply makes my day. Wearing a spit up stainded shirt does not bother me. I am Mommy, hear me roar.

Now that you know that much--you must know the rest. I live for 7:00 pm. It's more powerful than chocolate--and believe me, that is saying something!!! It's that magical hour when the kids go to sleep and Hubby and I get to spend the evening together. With each child we've had this time is more and more crucial to our existence. Whether it's sitting on our opposite sofas reading, watching a game on tv, or reading, or talking, or eating our famous "after the kids go to bed" meals....it is pure bliss to me. Sometimes I feel like I'm not one person--that I am the mommy person from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm and from 7:00 pm to 7:00 am I'm the wifey person. And that is ok...I like it that way :) As I said before--I have arrived. Paradise is great, baby.

1 comment:

  1. :) Nice to know someone else recognizes the floor crunching under their feet as paradise too. Wish I could be a 7pm wife, I am sadly a 10:00 wife, and a very, very, very sleepy mom the next morning.

    ReplyDelete