Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Thinking about Friday's dinner--already...

This is the point in the week where I start to think about what Hubby and I will eat on Date Night. This is pretty much an every weekend thing--unless we're out on a 'real' date or have some other event going on. This really started to save money on going out to eat so much. Before C and B were born, back when we were just naive parents of one, we probably went out once or twice a month. Of course babysitting was easy to come by too. Anyway--back to the point. The kids go to bed at that cherished 7:00 pm and we have a nice meal. Always includes appetizers...usually a salad and an entree. And wine. Here is where we could run up a bill--but generally we have found some pretty good, inexpensive ones!! Mostly they are under $15 and some even under $10. They are really good!!! I'll try to post them on here to share. Anyway--the other thing I consider with our meal is Weight Watchers. I've been doing really well on WW this spring & summer and I don't want a Date Night to throw that off! I've lost 16 lbs to date since the end of March, and 25 since January when dear little B was born. Yay Me! I'm thinking we should do some bread and olive oil, some salad, and maybe some grilled chicken. Oh--and one of my FAVORITE desserts isn't really a dessert at all...red wine and dark chocolates. Ummmm.....such a great flavor combo!!! Oh man...now I'm hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment