Friday, July 31, 2009

I think I must just be mental

Why IS it that I feel good--really, really good--when I get up and get cleaning? I feel great right now! Dishes put away, sink empty, third load of laundry is in the washer, the first load folded and put away, the beds all made, the upstairs all vacuumed and put together.... Is it the sense of accomplishment? (yay me) Is it the feeling of checking all the tasks off my invisible list? (good thought) Is it sitting in a clean house? (must be part of it)

Another why... WHY, then, doesn't this inspire me to do this more often? I spend no fewer than 4 out of 7 days in an utter and complete chaos because I don't wake up and get this stuff done. Sure..sometimes that isn't of my doing, sometimes I do actually have to take care of the children, but seriously...why can't I just get with the program? It is 10:38 on a summer Friday morning, I'm sitting in the breakfast nook (I love typing that...breakfast nook--ain't it cute?) sipping lemonade and typing away. This is grand!! On a non-get-up-and-clean-day I'd be running around (as my mother would say) like a chicken with its head cut off. Now--I feel I actually CAN sit and work (play) on my computer.

On a very happy note, only an hour 'til I get to go to the gym!!!! Yay for Anna the babysitter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment